Essential Logo Red

Essential Logo Red

Friday 31 January 2014

Territorial Prayer Weekend

Hey guys, sorry it has been such a long time and wow so much has happened.

I guess the most memorable time since my last blog would be the Territorial Prayer Weekend in Swanwick, It was such a blessed weekend and I'm sure it's impact will affect me for years to come. It's main focus on prophecy and it was great to look into it not just about the prophets in the Bible, who I will now see in a completely different way, but also the modern day prophets. Those who are speaking out and proud, not necessarily saying what people want to hear but definitely saying what message God wants to pass along. I would urge those prophets out there who maybe have been hurt by things people have said in response to keep going strong. It was great to catch up with people who I hadn't seen in a while and also meet great new people.

I also took one of the Spiritual Gifts questionnaires. It obviously isn't set but it was it was interesting to see what the results would be. My top 3 were Helps, Service and Mercy. I guess I kind of get that so it was encouraging to read. I also got Teaching which I didn't see in myself but people around did so it was encouraging to chat about and as a modest person it was a great to feel wanted. I also got Pastor which I guess I can see. It was really encouraging that during our assessment Cliff said that he sees a sense of spiritual leadership in me, however that comes out, whatever I do when I am older, he believes that I have the potential for spiritual leadership which is encouraging and something I can work towards.

On the Sunday we rounded it off with a time of meeting ad worshiping. Such a great end to a great weekend. To finish with we got a tunnel of people either side, like at a wedding, each in turn went through this tunnel and received prayers and blessings. It was one of the, if not the most powerful, experiences of my life. It was such an empowering experience where I gained strength and courage. God was there and walking alongside me and it was absolutely amazing. Truly a place where Heaven touched Earth.

I know that God will provide me with all I need. I will definitely be tested on the way but I know that through God's help I will make it through stronger than ever. I came home from the weekend with such a buzz and I was so excited to be getting back to Bedford and starting work. The future is full of possibilities and as of now I am so excited.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Chris - really good to read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really glad you found the weekend encouraging, and great to hear how it's impacted your life.

    Was amazing to have you all there.

    Philippa

    ReplyDelete