Essential Logo Red

Essential Logo Red

Wednesday 25 September 2013

The end of training

Wow, what amazing final week of training that has just flown by. We spent the week up in Leeds which was far more north than I realised just as autumn had hit so plenty cold with lots of rain but also quite cool fog on the clouds. Again we had lots of really cool seminars which challenged me really personally and caused me to think about a variety of different things. One that will always stick by me was a trip to east end park and also a chat about it the next day. We saw some really challenging times people were having and their reaction to such times and actually it isn't what you would expect. People were building real community in this place and with some help I saw some really changes happening with a potential for amazing things. We also learnt about interfaith communities and how me might run such an event and was really interesting how an open mind into these situations really shed some light and you saw what might happen if you put the effort in. We also spent some time with Richard Borret talking about our own faith and struggles which not only helped us deepen in our faith but brought us all closer together.

So after a long few weeks training I came home for the weekend. Saturday was mostly much needed rest and time away from other people which was really nice as well as seeing all the family and visiting the grandparents and Sunday was great to getting to see everyone and it really encouraged me to see them take such an interest in me and what I had been doing and making sure I was ok and being looked after/looking after myself. It was a good meeting led by our local DCs and was interesting to see their different style and get to know them in an interview in the evening.

And finally here I am back in Bedford ready to start my year. I have done a couple of days now and I have had a great time getting to know the people around me. Had a very special time in the drop in club where someone had questions about my faith and it gave me the opportunity to tell my testimony and brought on a really good hour or so of great talking and discussions about certain things. Definitely going to be a good year.

Also had a youth meeting tonight where I learnt about what the youth have/will/might be doing and it was interesting sitting there thinking wow that would be great in Chelmsford and linking the names of things with our equivalent. 

Over all a good week and looking forward to what is coming ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment