Essential Logo Red

Essential Logo Red

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Busy Week

Wow what an amazing week it has been at Bedford and a very fulfilling week. This time last week I was just going about the norm when on the Thursday we were made aware that we would be doing an anti-trafficing run where we picked up some guys in the mini-bus and took them to a safe house. What an absolutely amazing experience that those guys lives have been changed so much and they were so grateful for what had been happening to them in the past few days from the being saved to being well looked after although it was a late night getting in at 2 am.

Also when we went in on Friday for mother and toddlers we were shown great compassion by people of Bedford Corps who saw how tired we were and sent us home for some rest. Although it was short lived with another early morning getting up at 6:00 am on Saturday to get to coffee morning and 4:30 on Sunday to help set up an amazing youth councils event. Great worship from the cadet band of the training college and great teaching from DYO Nathan Loxley. Was truly blessed and felt the presence of God amongst the young people of this Division. 

The rest of the week has been loads of new things including Tuesday where my project was to cook for the Luncheon club so a 3 course meal for about 50 people was definitely a challenge and I had such a fun time doing it. No one complained and no one has been ill that I know of so I am counting it as a win. Just counting down to Friday so I can finally have a lie in on my day off but I can't wait for the rest of the year.

Also really looking forward to getting involved in the Debt Advice Service (DAS) and once the head advisor is back I will start getting training and learning how it all works. Can't wait to experience this new side to social care that I have never experienced before.

Overall, definitely hard work and definitely worth it. Absolutely loving it and all the people here. Someone has even pinned up the sleeves of my tunic to take it up for Saturday. What wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment